Post Azkaban Sirius Black
![]() |
| Before |
![]() |
| Pre-Wig--those pigtails, though. |
![]() |
| After |
![]() |
| Fabulous |
This makeup was a lot of fun to do.
The description in Prisoner of Azkaban of Sirius Black in the Shrieking Shack describes him as being basically a walking skeleton with gnarly elbow-length hair and waxy skin. Rowling didn't mention anything about facial hair, but I imagine after 12 years in Azkaban he'd have some sort of facial hair to go with that awesome hairdo. I decided to make a patchy beard because stress takes a toll on facial hair growing abilities.
The beard was made using crepe hair and Spirit Gum--a tedious process that I don't recommend but it's good stuff to know. Just use a lace beard, they're so much simpler.
I looked up pictures of anorexic men and Holocaust survivors after liberation as reference for the skull-like appearance described in the book.
It was a lot of fun working with the model who volunteered for the role; he was perfect as Sirius Black. Thanks for volunteering!
-MD







No comments:
Post a Comment