My next Triwizard champion was Fleur Delacour after the lake challenge.
The challenge was to rescue a loved one from the lake on Hogwarts grounds. Previous to this challenge, the only creature we knew who lived in the lake was the giant squid, but it turns out he has a lot of lake mates such as mermaids (which look nothing like Disney's mermaids), and these water demons called Grindylows.
Basically Grindylows are ugly little things that live in seaweed and have long fingers that they like to attack humans with, however their fingers happen to be incredibly brittle so while their grip is very strong, it can easily be broken (at least, that's what Rowling tells me in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and a passage from Prisoner of Azkaban--when Harry and Lupin are having tea in Lupin's office).
Unfortunately for Fleur, the Grindylows got the best of her and she was unable to retrieve her sister from the bottom of the lake.
| Before |
| After |
| Grindylow scratches |
For this makeup I did a basic female corrective to fix any skin "imperfections" (color, acne, etc.), then added mascara and wet the tar out of it so that it would leak down my model's face. Unfortunately, my mascara is running low so I had to improvise and use black cream makeup to get it to run.
I added Grindylow scratches on her arms and legs, and wet her hair.
If my model was going on stage or on camera for an extended period of time, I would have used coconut oil in her hair so that we wouldn't have to keep wetting her hair and so that she wouldn't drip all over the stage/set. Since I was only doing the makeup and immediately taking a picture of it, I just wet my model's hair so that she wouldn't have to walk around with copious amounts of coconut oil in her hair all day, and then have to struggle with washing it all out later.
The next makeup you'll see is the last Triwizard champion I intend on doing, and you already know this champion will be coming from the dragon challenge. Stay tuned for that.
Thanks for stopping by.
MD
No comments:
Post a Comment