For advanced makeup, we get to come up with our own projects, so I've decided to bring some of the Harry Potter characters to life over the course of the semester.
The first character up: Harry Potter, of course.
But not just Harry Potter on an average school day because that would be too easy and kind of boring. Naa, Harry Potter after the maze Triwizard challenge and the graveyard scene when he comes back with Cedric after seeing the Dark Lord rise again! Yeah!
Those of you who haven't read the books (a. I pity you, and b. you really should read the books because they're just so much better than the movies, especially from 3 on), in the maze challenge, Harry encounters a giant spider which bites his leg and limits his mobility. He has a lot of weird stuff happen to him in that maze; I'll let you read it because Rowling does it so much better than any poor explanation I could muster.
 |
| Before |
 |
| After |
 |
| Full Body |
 |
| Rope burns |
In the graveyard, Harry is tied up . . .
 |
| "Blood of the enemy, forcibly taken." (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire) |
and then a certain terrible person (whom shall remain nameless so that you can go and enjoy the books more) comes out and helps resurrect the Dark Lord using Harry's blood.
 |
| Spider bite from the maze. |
Spider bite, I mentioned earlier.
 |
| Homemade fake blood for days! |
I only had a teeny bit of fake blood in my kit, so I looked up some homemade recipes. You can find all sorts of fake blood recipes online (the world wide web is a wonderful place, you guys. You can literally learn any and everything now if you know where to go--cough cough Youtube).
Keep coming back here to see what other characters happen to jump out of Rowling's incredible books.
Spoilers: a certain prisoner of Azkaban and a certain terrible, horrible, awful human being in pink are coming this way.
No comments:
Post a Comment