Wednesday, January 6, 2016

367 Lighting Test

Before

After

On Stage





For this assignment, we had to pick an opera character from a list provided, and design that character's makeup.

I chose Papageno from The Magic Flute. He's a bird-catcher and is quite eccentric, so I designed him to be disguised as one of the birds he likes to catch--in this case a parrot or macaw.

The purpose of this assignment was to show students how lighting affects designs and colors. I learned that unless the goal is to block out a smaller portion of the face, don't go with black on large areas of the face like I did for this design.

It was really interesting. This assignment occurred while I was doing research for the fall opera that I designed, so it was really helpful to know this before completely submerging myself in the design stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment