A friend of a friend asked me to make him into the Joker from Batman this past Halloween. There are a lot of variations on The Joker (Jack Nicholson, Heath Ledger, Cesar Romero, and Mark Hamill to name a few). Of course these days when people refer to The Joker, they are often talking about Heath Ledger's Joker.

So I practiced the makeup on myself before going over the next day to do the actual makeup.

When I arrived, he was wearing the trademark Mark Hamill Joker suit, so I had to change everything. Luckily, I grew up watching Batman the Animated Series and would consider it in my top five favorite shows growing up, so I wasn't terribly upset about this misunderstanding.
We pulled up pictures on the laptop for the sake of consistency and I went at it, resulting in this. We used blue and yellow temporary hair dye that he had purchased and attempted to make green since the store was out of green when he bought them.
This kid can do a crazy good Mark Hamill Joker impression and if you ever meet him, definitely ask him to talk like the Joker for you cause it's insane (no pun intended).
Despite the misunderstanding, it was fun to make The Joker come to life for the day.
-MD
No comments:
Post a Comment