For the 367 final, we had to pick a character from Shakespeare's
The Tempest, then design a makeup for that character.
 |
| Life cast of my face! |
I chose to do Ariel. Since he/she (Shakespeare never specifies Ariel's gender) was stuck in a tree for so long, I decided to incorporate parts of the tree in the makeup as though she had fused with the tree.
 |
| Snap mold for face prosthetics. |
We created life busts and a gel prosthetic for this assignment. I designed the hair to look like a bird nest and found a fake bird at the dollar store to attach to it as well. The prosthetic was a bark-like texture on the forehead (patterns and textures that I included on the opposite cheek and neck), and a pronounced skull/eyebrows. I airbrushed Marie's face and made her more pale than she is. The color I used was actually a metallic color, so it gave her a shining, shimmering look to make her look more mystical.
 |
| Sanding acrylic teeth. |

I really enjoyed this assignment and all the hard work that went with it. We stayed up till 3 am making life casts one night, and it was some of the most fun I have ever had. 10 out of 10, would do again.
No comments:
Post a Comment