Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Grossies and Goreys (Graphic)

Basic lasseration
Bike accident
Mock Disaster: mass shooting
Mock Disaster: mass shooting
Burns: because I think they're fun

This is just a hodgepodge of several gorey makeups I've done over the past year and a half.

The arm lasseration and burned, blistered hand were "for funsies". The guy with the bike helmet was actually my Teacher Assistant for Intro to Theater who asked if I would bloody him up for his Halloween costume that day. He did his left side and I did his right side. 

The mock disaster images are from last year's mock disaster event. Every year, BYU's nursing and emergency medicine programs ask us to do the makeup for their training events so that students can get a "more real" feeling from the training. It is basically my favorite day of the year because doing gorey makeup is my favorite. 

This particular mock disaster, however, was challenging for me because the training was a mock mass shooting and I went to Columbine High School where we don't make light of mass shootings. The event also took place the day before the anniversary of the tragedy, so it was especially hard for me since I have many friends and teachers, and know many people who were there that day--my mother was a first responder that day and pronounced many of the victims dead on the scene. It's just a difficult day for our community. This mock disaster was more mentally challenging for me than physically challenging this time around.

Regardless, it was still fun to participate in and everyone had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment